I’m a horseman and I know what I want in top care, service and performance for my horse. I would not provide you anything less in your equine insurance needs. I’m here for you day and night, 24 hours a day, to service your equine insurance needs.
I’m a field agent and I broker through Equisport, a division of Marshall Sterling, a world-class equine insurance agency providing top quality insurance for all your equine related needs. Allow me to service your account. The following are several insurance needs I can help you with.
Please contact me at 817-454-4537 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Equine Mortality Policy
The Equine Mortality Policy is an all perils life insurance policy for your horse. A mortality policy is your base policy for purchasing.
- Major Medical, Colic and Surgical Policy Coverage is provided for the cost of equine medical, colic, and surgical procedures performed by a veterinarian, including diagnosis as a result of accident, illness, or disease. It covers a portion of diagnostic testing, medical treatment, surgical services, as well as after care treatment. Deductibles are reasonable and benefits are generous.
- Loss of Use Policy applies to horses valued at $25,000 or more. If your performance horse (12 years and under) becomes totally and permanently incapable of fulfilling the functions for which it is used, as stated on your policy, but its condition does not necessitate destruction for humane reasons, you may suffer a financial loss. Full mortality and major medical are required for this coverage. If your horse sustains an accident, sickness, or injury, and it is a covered loss of use claim, the carrier will pay out a percentage of the insured value.
- Air Transport/Overseas Territory Extension Coverage may be extended on your full Equine Mortality policy to include international transportation to and from other approved countries.
- Commercial Equine Liability Coverage is very important if you perform any commercial equestrian activities such as boarding horses, riding instruction, horse training, breeding, horse sales, etc. Liability coverage is provided if you are sued by a third party who is injured or whose property is damaged.
- The Riding or Hunt Club Policy is designed to provide liability coverage for their equine member organizations and their public event day. These public event days would include activities in which non-members participate, or to which the general public is invited.
Farm and Ranch Policy
Farm and Ranch Policy provided by our carriers provide a package policy specifically designed for farm and ranch operations, from small pleasure horse farms to multi-location commercial horse farms.
- Your home and/or employee tenant dwellings
- All dwelling contents owned by you
- All farm structures, including barns, arenas, run-in sheds, hay barns, workshops and other farm related buildings
- Farm vehicles and trailers
- All farm machinery and tools/equipment such as tractors, mowers, blades, saws, drills and bush hogs
- Tack and related horse equipment
- Specifically scheduled items such as jewelry, furs, guns, fine arts, stamp collections, computers and home entertainment systems.
- Barn and/or office contents such as furniture, fixtures and electronic equipment (typewriters, computers, fax, phone, etc.)
- Miscellaneous Farm Property including hay, shavings, feed, ATV’s, entrance gates, fencing, pumps, well/well houses, signs and livestock (equine, cattle, and bovine, etc.)
- Your personal liability for owning or operating the farm property, as well as the commercial equine liability for boarding, breeding, training, riding instruction, clinics, shows, etc.”
Commercial equine liability coverage is very important if you perform any commercial equestrian activities such as boarding horses, riding instruction, horse training, breeding, horse sales, etc. Liability coverage is provided if you are sued by a third party who is injured or whose property is damaged. The equine liability policy covers defense fees and pays claims for which you are legally liable up to the policy limits.
- Care Custody and Control Consider this equine coverage if you board, train, or breed horses for others. Standard General Liability insurance excludes coverage for personal property (such as horses) in your Care, Custody, or Control. This void in your equine liability coverage can be filled if one of those horses is injured or dies while in your care and you are found negligent. The care, custody, and control policy will provide for the medical care or replacement cost of the horse up to the policy limits.
- Commercial Equine Liability Commercial equine liability coverage is very important if you perform any commercial equestrian activities such as boarding horses, riding instruction, horse training, breeding, horse sales, etc. Liability coverage is provided if you are sued by a third party who is injured or whose property is damaged (excluding horses: see Care, Custody, and Control liability). The equine liability policy covers defense fees and pays claims for which you are legally liable up to the policy limits.
- Individual Horse Owners Policy Horse owners are faced with unique liability exposures that may not be adequately covered under normal personal liability policies such as a homeowner policy. Our carriers have specifically designed an equine insurance policy to cover the horse owner’s legal liability for both bodily injury and property damage to others resulting from horse ownership. Individual owners of personal horses or show horses who do not derive income nor are involved commercially are eligible.
- Riding or Hunt Club This policy is designed to provide liability coverage for equine member organizations and their public event days. Public event days are those activities in which non-members participate, or to which the general public is invited.
- Horse Show or Event Liability coverage is available for individual horse shows, clinics, or equestrian events. Coverage is provided for the actual event days declared and includes days for both setup and takedown.
- Therapeutic Riding Programs This special policy designed by Marshall Sterling offers a comprehensive $1,000,000 coverage that includes liability coverage for programs regardless of the number of volunteers, riders, instructors, and number of horses used; Can include able-bodied riding instruction for an additional premium; and We have carriers that can provide coverage for PATH International model programs and EAGALA model programs. Please note that most of our carriers cannot add coverage such as Workman’s Compensation or Medical Coverage for your staff, instructors or volunteers.